24/7 Travel Assistance
Cornell partners with International SOS, the world’s leading medical and travel security services company.
When you are engaged in Cornell travel—whether as a student, a scholar, a researcher, or in an administrative capacity—you have International SOS (ISOS) available to you 24/7 to help you with any medical, security, or logistical concerns, including the coordination of insurance benefits with our travel medical insurance. Cornell has a fully integrated program in place, through which you can receive the care and expertise that you need, whenever and wherever you need it.
Visit Cornell's International SOS online portal to discover all ISOS has to offer. Find destination information, learn more about health threats, download your membership card, and install the mobile app.
Call International SOS for assistance before and during travel at +1-215-942-8478—or use the mobile app—and reference your membership number: 11BSCA827281.
What Kinds of Questions Can ISOS Answer?
ISOS can help you with a wide range of questions and concerns before and during your travel including:
Before You Leave
- Travel security concerns: "Can you tell me which neighborhoods I should avoid when booking a hotel?"
- Vaccination questions: "Are there any required or recommended vaccinations for my destination?"
- Entry requirements: "Am I able to acquire a visa on arrival, or will I need to get that in advance?"
- Finding a local doctor or emotional support: "I haven't been feeling well, can you refer me to an English-speaking doctor?"
- General advice on the local situation: "There is a large protest gathering outside my hotel. Can you tell me what is going on?"
- Document assistance or legal advice: "My passport was stolen. Is it safe to go to the local police?"
In an Emergency Abroad
- Reaching Cornell: "One of my travel partners didn't return home last night. Would you alert the right people at Cornell?"
- Safety concerns: "The flood water is getting pretty high. What should I do?"
- Monitoring your health: "I'm at the hospital, but I’m not sure what they are saying. Would you speak to them?"
Services provided by ISOS do NOT include standard health insurance, but insured care for urgent and emergent medical issues and security evacuation is included. Please refer here for more information on what insurance is provided, at no cost, to eligible travelers.