Registering your travel
- Mandatory for all students and staff traveling internationally on Cornell-related business.
- Mandatory for all faculty traveling internationally with students.
- Strongly encouraged for faculty traveling on Cornell-related business.
- Not for personal travel (vacation).
- Not for domestic travel.
Organizing Group Travel?
In order to facilitate group travel (study abroad programs, field trips, treks etc.) and eliminate the need for each participant to register themselves, International Health & Safety (IHS) has implemented the following three step process:
Step 1: Approx. 1+ month before departure.
Step 2: Approx. 2+ weeks before departure.
Step 3: Verify signed Release of Liability and Standards of Conduct.
Students uploaded as a group do not automatically sign Cornell’s Release of Liability or Standards of Conduct forms like they do during individual registration. The unit administering the program is responsible for verifying student travelers have signed these documents. There are 2 options:
- PREFERRED-Online Method: Direct students to Release of Liability and Standards of Conduct Agreements and request a copy of their confirmation email. Signed documents will be maintained centrally.
- Print and Sign Method: Utilize the paper versions of Risk Management Forms and collect and maintain (for at least 3 years).
IHS will use the information to “create a group” in the travel registry and upload all participants to that group.