The council is charged with identifying strategic initiatives and setting priorities to advance the university's global mission.
Cornell's International Council, chaired by the vice provost for international affairs, includes senior leaders from each college on the Ithaca campus as well as Weill Cornell Medicine. Council members play leadership roles within their colleges to incorporate a priority for internationalization into strategic planning—for example, by formulating college-specific ways to internationalize the curriculum.
Current Members of the International Council
- Wendy Wolford, vice provost for international affairs, and the Robert A. and Ruth E. Polson Professor of Global Development in the Department of Development Sociology in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences; chair
- Jan Allen, associate dean for academic and student affairs, Graduate School
- Elizabeth Brundige, associate clinical professor of law, assistant dean for international programs, and Jack G. Clarke Executive Director of International and Comparative Legal Studies, Cornell Law School
- David Erickson, associate dean for research and graduate studies, and Sibley College Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Engineering
- Melissa Ferguson, senior associate dean for social sciences, and professor of psychology, Arts and Sciences
- Margaret Frey, senior associate dean for undergraduate affairs, and professor of fiber science and apparel design, Human Ecology
- Elias Friedman, chair of international programs, and associate professor of international and comparative labor, Industrial and Labor Relations
- Linnie M. Golightly, MD, associate professor of medicine (microbiology and immunology), and associate dean for diversity, Weill Cornell Medicine
- John Hopcroft, IBM Professor of Engineering and Applied Mathematics in Computer Science, Computing and Information Science
- Max Pfeffer, executive dean, and international professor of development sociology, Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Alexander Travis, associate dean for international programs and public health, director of the Center for Animal and Public Health, and professor of reproductive biology, Veterinary Medicine
- Rohit Verma, dean for external relations, executive director of the Institute for Healthy Futures, and Singapore Tourism Board Distinguished Professor in Asian Hospitality Management, Business